I'm first---  DON'T DO IT ANYMORE!!!!!!  God knows what you are making!!!
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: grace1...@aol.com
  To: silver-list@eskimo.com
  Sent: Monday, November 14, 2005 9:11 PM
  Subject: Re: CS>Re: CS Maker for Emergencies

  Hi guys:

  I don't understand any of this technical stuff, but have been making CS for
years with my home-made kit--three 9-V batteries snapped together, alligator
clips connecting the free leads of the batteries to silver wires, and putting
the wires in a glass measuring jar of tap water.  Depending on the hardness of
the water, the water turns ever so slightly gray in 30 seconds to three
minutes, and there you have it!  The "apparatus" keeps nicely in a sandwhich
bag.  No rocket science here!

  Jill