I see that there has been some confusion about what I was trying to do
with these experiments and the posts.  I suppose that this is because I
tacitly assumed something and did not spell it out...

The fact that I used copper wire is basically irrelevant.  This was
only for getting an idea of the amount of current that would flow in the
different water types.  I'm willing to bet that if I had used silver
wires, the currents would have come out about the same.  This is not an
experiment for colloidal copper making.  It is a kind of a
back-of-the-napkin calculation for determining how much colloidal silver
(or silver compound) one would make using an unregulated system and
non-distilled or city water.

Any actual CS making would involve at least a silver wire as the
positive electrode.

Dan

You-all wrote:

I have found that copper doesn't make a hydrosol and won't exceed
around 3 uS conductivity.

  It's a true metallic colloid and will oxidize into a blue grey
sediment
in a few weeks.

ode