sol wrote:

> I thought there was a thread here on gatorade some time ago, that had
> many people insisting that there is aspartame in gatorade. I'm now
> trying to find out if this is true (none listed on label)

I have never seen aspartame in Gatorade.

> and also would
> like opinions on sucralose--is it as bad as aspartame, or bad in a
> different way? What?

Some people allergic to chlorine have reported problems with sucralose.  It is
chlorinated sucrose,
and although may have some problems they apparently pale in comparison with
aspartame.

> Xylitol gives me diarrhea no matter how small the portion, and I don't
> really like stevia except in some beverages, for cooking and baking
> stevia is a dead loss. I find the aftertaste of stevia as bad as
> aspartame and saccharin.

There are suppose to be some highly purified stevia available that lacks the
aftertaste, but I have
not tried it.

> I'd like to request no one suggest I simply totally give up some sweet
> tasting foods and beverages. It would be the best thing, but reality is
> it probably isn't going to happen. I already eat far less sugar than the
> average american, bake all our own bread, waffles, etc as I don't like
> sweetness/sugar in any of those, etc. I just want to be able to have an
> occasional sweet treat, without sugar.
> Some level of sugar may be better than artificial sweeteners
> though.............what?
> sol

Those like my wife who have to avoid sugar would probably find sucralose
(Splenda) the best
alternative.

Marshall