Deb:

My husband and I have 2 hobby hives for honey for our own use. I've
tried and tried to find information supporting not medicating them and
not feeding them sugar water but all of the beekeepers say there are no
bees in Canada that are strong enough anymore and that it must be done.

I told my husband about Juliette Levy and how she says in her old herbal
books over the years says that they should NOT be medicated at all and
that they should be fed their own honey rather then the sugar water. He
argues that it is now 2006 and things have changed.

I asked my husband what would happen if we didn't medicate and he said
we could jeopardize other beekeepers hives in the area, the wild bees
too if ours got infected, plus you would lose all the bees.

What is one to do???

I wonder if bowls of CS were placed near the hives would they 'drink'
it?? Could it make them stronger to resist mites?

Could you soak the hives in silver or spray them down???

Any thoughts?

Musing.....

Wendy