It's called a current regulating diode.
Do a search at www.mouser.com

about $5

Ode

At 06:30 AM 3/1/2006 -0800, you wrote:

I hope that no one minds my repost. I did not receive an answer to my inquiry and I am quite sure the answer lies within these borders....

"I have been using with success a funky Silver generator that does not have current regulation. I have come to use a magnetic stirrer for a long time now and that was a huge breakthru, then I added a voltage limiting X10 unit that I have to push a button to adjust. It works OK, but I have never added the current limiting diode that would keep the limit on my system.

I may even have received this info before and I know it's been discussed mucho....but, what is the elec gizmo I need, where do I get it, and how is it installed?"

Gracios,

Maz

Yahoo! Mail
Bring photos to life! <http://pa.yahoo.com/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=39174/*http://photomail.mail.yahoo.com>New PhotoMail makes sharing a breeze.