Buy the .91 or the 1.1 ma rated diode  instead of the 1.0 ma rated
diode.
You will pay twice as much for the 1.0 ma rated diode.

Dan

>>> "S&JY" <youngst...@konnections.net> 3/1/2006 10:06:43 PM >>>
Mouser Electronics www.mouser.com/centralsemi.  You want a current
regulator
diode which you simply connect in series with one of the leads going to
an
electrode.  They come in various current ratings starting at 0.22 mA on
up
to 4.7 mA.  Some part part numbers are 610-1N52xx, where xx is 85 for
.27
ma, 91 for 0.56 ma, 94 for 0.75 ma, 97 for 1.0 ma and 99 for 1.2 ma.
You
are better to go with less than one ma and let your generator run for
longer time; this yields smaller particles.  Cost is about $2.
--Steve Y.