Not everyone agrees that aluminum is toxic. I bought into that idea for many years, but now I've gone back to the old Adelle Davis idea that it is stainless steel that can be toxic, if it has ever had to be scoured. Anodized aluminum is what I have now, but if I could have found them, I'd have plain aluminum. Adelle Davis always said aluminum just pases right on through the body.
There is some interesting info linking some of this stuff to fertilizer use.
http://www.advancedhealthplan.com/alzheimers.html
And some mineral imbalances may even be responsible for mad cow:
http://chemistry.about.com/cs/medical/a/aamadprion.htm

After years of living with allergic skin reactions, I have simply decided for me, I'd rather do something that may or may not be risky (aluminum cookware) than continue on in constant skin rashes and constant heavy antihistamine use, and even having to use cortisone ointments, etc.

In the case of distilling, I just don't know. Wouldn't any metals distill out and be left behind? As I see it distilling is a whole other thing than metals leaching into foods/liquids heated/cooked in SS cookware.

sol

Jim Holmes wrote:

Stainless steel comes in a variety of grades.
Will water from  a stainless still that reads about 0.4 PPM TDS have a
significant amount of nickel or iron in it?
Jim