I actually use a PWT. A TDS is not sensitive enough for my needs. I need to have distilled water of no more than .4 uS, which is lower than a TDS can read, so I was lucky to have chosen a PWT 3 years ago. Commercial distilled water of all brands that are available where I am read .6 uS to well over 2.5 uS. Most people (I've been told) can make very good clear CS with distilled water that reads up to 3.0 uS, but I can't. Depends on conditions where you are.
sol

Deborah Gerard wrote:

using your TDS what measurements are you looking for....TIA...deb

sol <sol...@sweetwaterhsa.com> wrote:

    Most distilled water is produced *locally* to where it is sold.
    Therefore, it is necessary to try various brands in your area, and
    see
    which one works best for you, or is the least conductive when tested
    with a meter (PWT, TDS, COM-100).
    Commercially sold distilled water can also be quite variable within a
    brand.
    sol

    . . wrote:

    > I'm wondering what brand of distilled water is the purest... ???

    The Silv! er List and Off Topic List archives are currently down...

    List maintainer: Mike Devour