At 07:34 PM 4/5/2006 -0700, you wrote:

Sol, if you can't marke good EIS with as PWT reading of 3.0 then your process is in trouble.

Off line please describe you setup and operating conditions. maybe I can help you.

What is in trouble is the "what" part of the contaminants, more so than the how much. I would imagine that something like sulphur dioxide in the air would dissolve into water and really mess things up at pretty low concentrations, whereas calcium salts may not, at twice the concentration. Sol uses 'a few' of the same generators that others can make good CS with, starting with 5+ uS water.

Ode

"Ole Bob"

sol <sol...@sweetwaterhsa.com> wrote:
I actually use a PWT. A TDS is not sensitive enough for my needs. I need
to have distilled water of no more than .4 uS, which is lower than a TDS
can read, so I was lucky to have chosen a PWT 3 years ago. Commercial
distilled water of all brands that are available where I am read .6 uS
to well over 2.5 uS.
Most people (I've been told) can make very good clear CS with distilled
water that reads up to 3.0 uS, but I can't. Depends on conditions where
you are.
sol

Deborah Gerard wrote:

> using your TDS what measure! ments are you looking for....TIA...deb
>
> sol wrote:
>
> Most distilled water is produced *locally* to where it is sold.
> Therefore, it is necessary to try various brands in your area, and
> see
> which one works best for you, or is the least conductive when tested
> with a meter (PWT, TDS, COM-100).
> Commercially sold distilled water can also be quite variable within a
> brand.
> sol
>
> . . wrote:
>
> > I'm wondering what brand of distilled water is the purest... ???
> >

> --

> The Silv! er List and Off Topic! List archives are currently down...
>
> List maintainer: Mike Devour

Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect. Mark Twain