In my experience,  Calendula tincture would help as well. I have used
both CS  and calendula tincture (alternating) and a homeopathic remedy
internally in my then 3 week old baby daughters eye for an eye infection
that came on rapidly.... had the eye swollen shut and pussy.

I have used CS repeatedly in my dogs eyes as well. I have a big
spritzer
bottle. I spray it in their face and give them a treat. Spray- give
treat, spray – give treat. Then… after awhile they don’t mind me
spraying it in
their
eyes! ;-)  They taught us in dog class to do this with their paws,
touching and looking in their mouth etc. to get them used to it just in
case you need to.

There are many different homeopathic remedies for conjunctivitis or eye
infection that you could google for as well…….

Hth

Wendy

Here is herbal tincture info:

<snip>

In All You Ever Wanted to Know about Herbs for Pets by Mary L.
Wulff-Tilford….

Conjunctivitis: is a generic term that refers to inflammation of the
ucous membranes and soft tissues surrounding the eye. The problem
occurs
when bacteria, fungi, or other foreign substances come in contact with
these tissues an tearing fails to eliminate the irritating elements.
Most cases are acute and are caused by dust, plant material, or other
environmental irrants. In these cases, a simple saline eye rinse
usually
brings relief. An astringent eyewash using raspberry leaf or nettle tea
combined with a tea of certified organic goldenseal or Oregon grape
root
offers further assistance by fighting infection and quickly reducing
inflammation and soreness.

A Simple Astringent Eyewash

Using a clean dropper bottle, combine the following:

½ tsp of cooled clear raspberry leaf or nettle tea * make sure that the
tea is absolutely free of particles, you don’t want them in your
animals
eyes.

½ tsp of Oregon grape or goldenseal tea * same, no particles

add 1 oz of sterile saline (available in the eye care section of
supermarkets and pharmacies)

shake the mixture thoroughly – the finished solution should be tinted
yellow.

If possible hold the animlas head to one side and use a dropper pipette
to thoroughly rinse the eye laterally, from the nose outward, towar the
animal’s cheek. The idea is to wash any irritating particles away from
the animal’s eye. This process can be repeated two or three times daily
until the condition improves. If the rinse causes further irritation,
stop using it – your companion may be sensitive to the herb you are
using. Other herbs to consider for use in eyewashes include calendula,
chamomile, thyme, bee balm, chickw2eed, dandelion leaf, or rose petals.
Regardless of which herbs you use, be extra careful in assuring that
they are free of dust, pollen, or toxic residues (such as herbicides or
car exhaust) as the eyes are extremely sensitive to such substances.

<end snip from book>