In a message dated 12/15/2006 10:41:17 P.M. Central Standard Time,
silver-digest-requ...@eskimo.com writes:

>  Look into this stuff. Its a probiotic.Somebody on
> one
> of the  CUREZONE forums was bragging about it getting
> his digestive system in  line.On the website they
> also
> talk about it helping sinus  problems.I'm going to
> try
> it after i get thru the holidays.

I'm trying to catch on to the talk about  silver but think I need to find a
real basic website or book about it so that I  can understand what's being said
here. While I don't understand silver, I do  know about probiotics. All of a
sudden I couldn't eat several foods without  terrible itching and my doctor at
the time was one who was up on alternative  medicine. She found a lab that
would test to see if I had leaky gut and the  results came back that I did. She
said she didn't know very much about it and to  get on the web and do my
homework, so that's what I did. I joined different  groups and most of the
people
on them were peddling their own products, but in  between that I learned a lot
over the course of 4 years.
Here's a free and simple test you can do  that will check your gut. First
thing in the morning before you do anything or  put anything in your mouth,
spit
into a clear glass of water. Let it sit and  watch to see what it does. If you
get legs coming down from it, you could  greatly benefit from a probiotic. I
took up to 10 billion a day which was 5  pills. You also have to stop feeding
the problem with sugars and food that turn  into sugar in your body. There are
several good probiotics on the market but the  only name I can remember at
the moment is NOW. It's rated in the top 5 and it's  something like 6.00 in a
health food store. Even my grocery chain carries it and  it's in the
refrigerator section.
You can find a lot of fancy websites with  probiotics for sale and they all
claim to be the best and are amazingly  expensive. Those were the ones that the
people on the lists I joined had no  success with so I never tried them.
Leaky gut is basically an overgrowth of  yeast in the gut so don't add any
yeast to your diet and no sugars.  Remember that antibiotics kill both good and
bad bacteria and if you take them  you'll probably need to take the probiotics
again. I'm to the point where I'm  just staying on them since they can't hurt
you. I stopped taking the NOW  probiotic because it has a milk form in it and
I'm too lazy to get up and go  look at the other brand that I'm taking. It's
a bit more expensive at 10.00 a  bottle, but that's for 100 pills. They don't
work as well as the other  did but you do what you can. Oh..and I have sinus
problems and probiotics  didn't help that. They may help others, but didn't
work for me, but that wasn't  my reason for taking them and I hadn't heard
claims
that they could help your  sinuses until I read your email.
Can someone lead me to a basic  beginner's crash course on silver so I can
catch up to you guys?
Jan Smith
_Bandit, Lightning,  and Ellie_ (http://jashavanese.com/)
www.jashavanese.com