Hi, I have been on a celiac diet for 3 years, Even though I have seen no direct benefits to my digestive problems, I think it is a healthy diet. May start to try using some of the alternatives to wheat, etc. Thanks for the further information. Ruth

From Ruth Strackbein

From: "Susan (& Ron) Hart" <the...@hartamerica.com>
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: CS>Still OT Cholesterol/ Dr. Huggins
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 14:38:19 -0400

A total colectomy sounds extremely drastic to me. Maybe this will help you.
http://www.housepetmagazine.com/August/Gluten.htm

Although written by a vet (a very reputable vet at that), it applies to pets as well as humans because we are all "simple-stomached." I would think it's certainly worth a try before agreeing to surgery.

Hope this helps.
Susan

vwol...@aol.com wrote:

Dear Ruth...while it sounds as though you have a Dr. with some smarts...a total large bowel removal sounds very drastic. Is there something that the very wise and knowledgable people here can help you with?
 Anyone?   V