Zane,

You didn't say what kind of Alpha you have.  I just bought a used 72GB SCSI
drive for our Alpha DS20E.  That's plenty big enough to hold many Backup Save
Sets from your VAXes, I assume.  VAXes can backup over DECnet from Standalone
Backup, you know.  Using SIMH, you don't even have to do that.  You can mount
the boot disk for one VAX on another one to back it up over any network that
your VAX can reach.  Or, you can replicate my DECnet-to-NFS gateway on your own
ARM SBC (I use an old Marvell SheevaPlug) and access all your NFS servers from
DECnet.

Larry Baker
US Geological Survey
650-329-5608