At one point in the  80’s/90’s several of the standard VMS command line tools
were PL/1. I’m thinking in particular of the Error Log Formatter
(ANALYZE/ERROR) but I recall some other ANALYZE/ sources being PL/1 as well.

I seem to recall DUMP and maybe some tape utilities were in Pascal.

The talk at DECUS was that Digital purposefully made sure every language was
represented in VMS sources!

In the 2000s I recall a lot of the PL/1 and BLISS system sources had been
converted to C. I’m guessing the conversion had to be done because not enough
staff knew PL/1 or BLISS anymore.

Tim