Dan,

The link to your Source Forge page you posted does not work for me.  I found
TREK7 it at https://sourceforge.net/projects/trek7/
<https://sourceforge.net/projects/trek7/>.

I tried to find the sources you started with.  I found a ZIP file called
trk7fsrc.zip
<https://sourceforge.net/projects/trek7/files/trek7/status/trk7fsrc.zip/download>.
  When I compiled the first file, TREKA.FOR, I can see typos and lines
extending past column 72.  This could not be the original source code that
worked at one time.  Was this scanned?  Has this been altered from a known
working version, other than the scanning errors?  Like, the lines that extend
past column 72?  The code clearly expects column 72 to wrap to column 7 of a
continuation line, which is how Fortran fixed-format source works.

Ancient Fortran should not be that hard to convert, especially if you know the
original platform.  I saw LIB$ calls, which leads me to believe this was maybe
VAX Fortran?  I see the use of FORMAT specifiers without lengths, like F, not
F7.2.  It would be nice to know the precise meaning of that non-standard
Fortran.  But, very new Fortran sill also accept FORMAT specifiers without
lengths now.  And, there is non-advancing support for Fortran I/O now.  Fortran
INTRINSICS should be straightforward.  The library calls will be harder.

Want help?  What platform do you want to run the code on?

Larry Baker
US Geological Survey
650-329-5608
ba...@usgs.gov