On Tue, Sep 4, 2018 at 2:15 AM Laurent Bercot <ska-skaw...@skarnet.org> wrote:
>   Why is it so hard to do things the right way instead of looking for
> technical workarounds to political problems (which never works)?

Because it's hard to tell what is right...The rule for what's right is
already political(or policy) problem...

> Do you do this with other packages?

Because the situation for execline is too rare for me. I haven't met
other software that claims the binary names which are too familiar for
most people, like cd.
And I'm mostly agree that binaries like cd/umask/wait are not POSIX
compatible[1]

[1] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=906250#22

So it seems to me that we can't reach a result that satisfies to both side.

I hope I can refrain to package exeline, but it's a dependency of s6.
However the binaries(cd, umask, wait) that cause problem are not
dependency of s6. It's unfair to stop packaging s6 since that.

--
Shengjing Zhu <z...@debian.org>
GPG Key: 0xCF0E265B7DFBB2F2