Laurent Bercot <ska-skaw...@skarnet.org> writes:
>  I totally understand your predicament, but I unfortunately have no
> good solution for you, except "educate your peers".

I have a good technical solution for you:

For the Nix package manager we have packaged (most) skaware software.
You can easily install Nix on a Debian system and then build s6:

  nix-build -A s6

If you want to install it, you can add it to your local user’s
profile:

  nix-env -iA s6

All dependencies will be installed in so-called store paths and do not
clash with Debian system paths.

You can install nix by following the instructions here:
https://nixos.org/nix/

--
Written with Emacs (mu4e) on NixOS.
A: http://five.sentenc.es/