On Mon, 7 Aug 2017, Sebastien BALLET wrote:

In one of my previous post, I ask you to create the file
/tmp/cmake-test/CMakeLists.txt
with the content below :

Sebastien,

If you have deleted it, recreate it. Otherwise, run the commands below :
$ cd /tmp/cmake-test
$ rm CMakeCache.txt

  Done.

Remove freetype package :
$ removepkg freetype

  Done

In /tmp/cmake-test, run the command below :
$ cmake .

You should get this :

8<----------------------------------------------
$ cmake .

-- Could NOT find Freetype (missing FREETYPE_LIBRARY FREETYPE_INCLUDE_DIRS)
freetype_include_dirs:
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: /tmp/cmake-test
8<----------------------------------------------

If freetype_include_dirs is not *empty* (which I doubt), check the returned
directories content.

  I see the same results and assume the freetype_include_dirs is empty.

Now, install freetype, with slackpkg or any other tools...
Then, in /tmp/cmake-test, run the commands below :
$ rm CMakeCache.txt
$ cmake .
You should get this :
8<----------------------------------------------
-- Found Freetype: /usr/lib/libfreetype.so (found version "2.5.5")
freetype_include_dirs: /usr/include/freetype2;/usr/include
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: /tmp/cmake-test

  Yes.

​If you get the output above, you can (re)try to build scribus. Otherwise
... I don't know.

  Sigh. Same error. Later today I'll try the original freetype-2.5.5 rather
than this past March's patch.

Thanks, Sebastien, I'm as puzzled and frustrated as you are,

Rich