>>>>> "Aussie" == Aussie  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>> 
>> Is anyone using the Epson Stylus Colour Photo 700 with Linux?

Aussie>   A small caveat for the Epson printers. A number of them
Aussie> (typically those in the lower price ranges) are Windows
Aussie> only. While I am not sure of the support under Linux for such
Aussie> printers, any printer that cannot have plain text sent to it
Aussie> for printing should make a Linux user wary.  I am not sure if
Aussie> the 700 is one of these printers or not. I'm sure someone else
Aussie> will know for sure.

As we'll only be using this for printing photographs, that won't be an 
issue -- we have a laser printer for text and black+white printing. 


>> Lucy's bought herself a Nikon negative scanner, and now we're
>> looking for a printer capable of near-photo-quality output.  There
>> are specials on in various shops at present for the '700

Aussie> Thought about a Canon? I've compared some Epsons with Canons,
Aussie> and the Canons appear to produce a slightly better print
Aussie> quality, in some cases better than HP (which is a surprise).

We did look at some Canon printers.

The only printer Canon claim to be of near-photo quality is the CD300
which is quite limited in what it can do --- 300x300DPI, maximum paper 
size 248x100mm, and only works with Windows.

Peter C
--
SLUG - Sydney Linux Users Group Mailing List - http://www.slug.org.au
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
unsubscribe in the text

Reply via email to