I'm seeing a similar thing now (I just checked on a solaris box with a Win
NT telnet) and after I log out, the telnet session is shown as TIME_WAIT
I think you just have to wait for the PC to sort itself out.
I often use telnet from PCs into various *NIX and have not seen sessions
hanging around for very long. I think you might just have to wait for
however long it takes for the PC to get a new broadcast or whatever they
listen for on LANs.
Ahh now it's dropped out (in the time it takes me to write this).
Regards,
Jill.
___________________________________________
Jill Rowling
Senior Design Engineer & Unix System Administrator
Electronic Engineering Department, Aristocrat Technologies
3rd Floor, 77 Dunning Ave Rosebery NSW 2018
Phone: (02) 9697-4484 Fax: (02) 9663-1412
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Howard Lowndes [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
> Sent: Friday, June 02, 2000 3:48 PM
> To: Mail List - SLUG; Mail List - CLUG
> Subject: [SLUG] Telnet from the Borg
>
> I have just discovered that when I use M$ telnet to access a Linux box,
> when I close the connection the netstat -a shows the connection as CLOSE
> with details of the established socket rather then as LISTEN with no
> socket details.
>
> The effect of this is that I cannot establish another telnet connection to
> that port.
>
> How can I clear that entry from the netstat table short of rebooting the
> Linux box? It doesn't seem to want to time out.
>
> Howard.
> ______________________________________________________
> LANNet Computing Associates <http://www.lannet.com.au>
>
> --
> SLUG - Sydney Linux Users Group Mailing List - http://www.slug.org.au
> To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
> unsubscribe in the text
--
SLUG - Sydney Linux Users Group Mailing List - http://www.slug.org.au
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
unsubscribe in the text