Sonam Chauhan wrote:
> I've seen Microsoft show telnet hang-in-there(TM) behavior when told to disconnect
>from a Unix server. Once it showed
> (flashed) parts of a earlier, supposedly disconnected, session when I started a new
>session in the Telnet application.
Never seen that happen, but I think we can all agree that Telnet.exe is
a very, well, silly piece of software (if anyone can confirm that the Telnet
in Win2K is BSD derived, I'd be interested to hear it).
If you want something cool to use for all your "Damn, I wish I had a real
command line" moments, try PuTTY. It does ssh too.
The interface is wonky (to put it nicely), but it works brilliantly, and it
fits on a floppy, so you don't have to leave home without it.
- Jeff
-- [EMAIL PROTECTED] -------------------------------------------------
w: http://advogato.org/person/jdub/
i: 16341281 (jdub!)
q: "She said she loved my mind, though by most accounts I had
already lost it."
--
SLUG - Sydney Linux Users Group Mailing List - http://www.slug.org.au
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
unsubscribe in the text