On Fri, 02 Jun 2000, you wrote:
> I have just discovered that when I use M$ telnet to access a Linux box,
> when I close the connection the netstat -a shows the connection as CLOSE
> with details of the established socket rather then as LISTEN with no
> socket details.
> 
> The effect of this is that I cannot establish another telnet connection to
> that port.
> 
> How can I clear that entry from the netstat table short of rebooting the
> Linux box?  It doesn't seem to want to time out.
> 
> Howard.
> ______________________________________________________
> LANNet Computing Associates <http://www.lannet.com.au>
> 
> --
> SLUG - Sydney Linux Users Group Mailing List - http://www.slug.org.au
> To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
> unsubscribe in the text


Run cygwin on your windows machine, and use a real version of telnet

-- 
Erich Schulz
EMS Engineering Services
PO Box 9170 Wyee, NSW 2259
Ph: (+612) 43593411, Fax: (+612) 43593696
Mob: 0408 201 288
--
SLUG - Sydney Linux Users Group Mailing List - http://www.slug.org.au
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
unsubscribe in the text

Reply via email to