This one time, at band camp, Terry Collins wrote:

>> mirror.aarnet.edu.au and planetmirror.com are maintained by the same group
>> of people. So if one is broken, both are.
>
>In my experience planetmirror is permanently broken and aarnet works
>95-99% of the time.

IME the exact opposite ;)

ObPackagePlug:  apt-proxy.

Change your sources.list to point to
http://localhost:9999/{debian,non-US,security}

and in /etc/apt-proxy/apt-proxy.conf:

add_backend /debian/                    \
    $APT_PROXY_CACHE/debian/            \
    planetmirror.com::debian/

add_backend /non-US/                 \
    $APT_PROXY_CACHE/non-US/         \
    planetmirror.com::debian-non-US/

add_backend /security/                  \
    $APT_PROXY_CACHE/security/          \
    planetmirror.com::debian-security/

apt-proxy uses rsync to grab packages and caches it locally, thus thwarting
evil transproxies that your ISP may have set up and uses minimal upstream
bandwidth for networks all using apt regularly.

(and when gzip finally gets the rsyncable patch, then it'll save on your
bandwidth even more when updating the Packages lists)

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                           http://spacepants.org/jaq.gpg

There is no emoticon to describe how I feel.
        -- Fat Comic Guy, The Simpsons