>    Does anyone have any advice they want to offer? I run Windows XP on
>    my desktop, but in fact the Windows CE OS of my PDA was the main thing
>    stopping me from giving Linux a whirl - the iPAQ model I have can
>    only sync with a Windows machine. What sort of PDA do I have to get
>    to be able to sync with Mozilla and OpenOffice and other organic free
>    range software on a Linux machine?

Ok just a couple of weeks ago I just blatted my ipaq, and installed
opie on it. The only problem I found is there are not usbnet drivers
freely available. I have found one site who says they have the drivers
and have a demo version (they offer you a link that no longer works).
I have tried numerous times to contact them and I get no answer. With
opie installed you can install qtopia which will allow you to sync
over usb or com in windows. I haven't tried this yet as I have been
playing with gentoo tring to get e0.17 working on it.