I have been using Unwired in Sydney for most of the year. Provided you check out reception quality in your area, which you can do via their website, it is a good service and about 99.5% reliable.

John.

hav wrote:
Nathan:  I wouldn't want to be you, being the only yank - oh the what
that you shall cop!  ;-0
However, If you're asking around you'll probably be told to ignore
UnWired.  However, if you only operate within Syd or Melb, then its
actually a lot more reliable than most Sydneysiders know.  I think
they've given up advertising so much up there, however this is the
Unwired story as far as I can gather:  They started up in Sydney, and
cover that town however a lot of dropouts gave them a bad name.  Where
I live, Melbourne, they use Nathan Buckley (AFL star) to promote and bc
they had their teething probs up north, they're growing quite well.  I
don't know what else you would use if you don't have a landline - any
comments on it?  I don't know about default ports, but this is what I
know so far.  I'm sharing a landline and don't stray too far outside
the CBD but I'd appreciate any other suggestions?
Henz