On Mon, Apr 21, 2008, Mick Pollard wrote:
> To automate this 'script' you could build a simple smtp profile system.
> Grub allows you to pass extra info to it and this is made available to
> the init process in shell variable $CMDLINE.

People who suspend to RAM regularly won't find this as useful since most
of the time they will be bypassing their bootloader. Search paths from
/etc/resolv.conf and wireless ESSIDs are the closest I've come to
establishing definitive locations, and you put the scripts in your
equivalent of the if-up.d directories.

-Mary