https://wiki.fysik.dtu.dk/niflheim/SLURM
Lots of little details are discussed in this wiki.

/Ole

On 08/10/2017 03:04 PM, LAHAYE Olivier wrote:

how stupid I am,
your perfectly right!
How by hell was I unable to see that before I upgraded? I really need
hollydays. Sorry for inconvenience.

Maybe the error message could be enhanced like this:
This is slurm controler host, slurmd doesn't need to run on controller host
except if you list it as a compute node as well (not recommanded).
--
    Olivier LAHAYE
    CEA DRT/LIST/DIR

De : Jacek Budzowski [j.budzow...@cyfronet.pl]
Envoyé : jeudi 10 août 2017 14:56
À : slurm-dev
Objet : [slurm-dev] Re: Slurmd v15 to v17 stopped working (slurmd: fatal:
Unable to determine this slurmd's NodeName) on ControlMachine

Hi,

I think you shouldn't run slurmd on your ControlMachine node (but run
slurmctld and slurmdbd), as in your configuration I don't see that
slurm_master has its NodeName line.
So you should either add slurm_master to your slurm.conf in NodeName
line or not start slurmd on the slurm_master.

Cheers,
Jacek