发件人: Ian Collins <ian.iansh...@gmail.com>
发送时间: 2016年8月14日 8:47:32
收件人: smartos-discuss@lists.smartos.org
主题: Re: [smartos-discuss] Convert a Linux VM into LX zone dataset

On 08/13/16 05:00 PM, 龙白滔 wrote:

Hi, all,

We now using KVM to run Linux on SmartOS and are considering moving all such
workload into LX zones. Is there a way to convert all KVM Linux VMs into LX
zone datasets? Btw, we now run only SmartOS machines not a full Joyent Trition
enviornment.

Do you use a configuration management tool?  I ask because the easiest way to
to this is to replace your KVM win a new LX zone, install what ever was there
and copy over data.

There are tools for creating LX brand images, such as
https://github.com/joyent/ubuntu-lx-brand-image-builder, which may be helpful
if you have a set of identical machines to migrate.

Once you do move to a zone, make sure to use a delegated dataset so you will be
able to reprovision the zone later.

--
Ian.

smartos-discuss | Archives<https://www.listbox.com/member/archive/184463/=now>