> How often do you see the problem?
> I thrashed our system all day today without a hitch while yesterday it
> packed up almost straight away. Both times where after a power cycle.
The system seems to work fine for a few hours but after that it hangs.
After a power cycle the problem persists. The only (destructive) way that I
found to exit this loop is to erase GPT and recreate the zones zpool.
>From today I have added a Avago/LSI 9207 controller and detached the PERC
one.
Let's see how it works. If you do not read me again about this topic than
the controller swap had resolved the issue.

> Also does your pool use SSDs or spinning rust? Ours is SSD only.
Only spinning rust: HGST HUS724020AL (2TB from Hitachi) <
https://www.hgst.com/products/hard-drives/ultrastar-7k4000>.
I had modified the sd.conf to recognize the drives as 4Kn and not 4Ke as
they are.
Obviously this dirty trick is done to both servers.