Further to previous posts on upgrading my two home servers, I seem to have hit
an intractable problem on the main server and now need to restore it from the
backup server. I use ZnapZend to send `zones` and all descendents to the other
server so I have a good replica of the main server on the backup.

I’ve cloned the backup server’s `zones` hierarchy on to an eSATA disk and
connected it to the main server as `zznew`; which now has a virgin `zones` pool
after a reinstall of SmartOS.

I’m guessing there needs to be some combination of -e or -f in the `zfs send -R
zznew/backup/deneb/zones | zfs recv` command and that this needs to be run with
the server in recovery mode and with both pools on alternate mountpoints with
no datasets mounted.

Any clues: the `zfs` manual is a bit light on the -e and -f options to the
`recv` sub-command.

Gareth