Hi

I used ldapclient to provision a bunch of user accounts on a fileserver and it
all seems to work correctly. But when I issue a getent passwd or getent group,
getent prints the local accounts and then repeatedly prints my ldap user
accounts and getent never completes. Is that normal?

kev@fs:~$ sudo ldapclient list

NS_LDAP_FILE_VERSION= 2.0

NS_LDAP_BINDDN= uid=admin,ou=system

NS_LDAP_BINDPASSWD= {NS1}blahblahblahblah

NS_LDAP_SERVERS= java.fukr.org.uk

NS_LDAP_SEARCH_BASEDN= dc=fukr,dc=org,dc=uk

NS_LDAP_AUTH= simple

NS_LDAP_SEARCH_SCOPE= sub

NS_LDAP_CACHETTL= 0

NS_LDAP_CREDENTIAL_LEVEL= proxy

NS_LDAP_SERVICE_SEARCH_DESC= group:ou=groups,dc=fukr,dc=org,dc=uk

NS_LDAP_SERVICE_SEARCH_DESC= shadow:ou=users,dc=fukr,dc=org,dc=uk

NS_LDAP_SERVICE_SEARCH_DESC= passwd:ou=users,dc=fukr,dc=org,dc=uk

NS_LDAP_BIND_TIME= 5

I use apacheds as the ldap server. This isn't a big issue as everything seems
to work okay but just seems odd as I've used getent on linux but have never
seen this behaviour before.

Kevin Ratcliffe

Sent from [ProtonMail](https://protonmail.ch)