Ok, thanks.

So the baseline Mac Mini of 128GB is too small? Sounds like I should get
256GB as a minimum as I'm not a light user per se. How do I see what a
breakdown of what I currently use?

Thanks for explanation re iPhotoLibrary. I'm a little confused though I'm
afraid! I take it I can't delete iPhotoLibrary on assumption that all now
in PhotosLibrary?

But either way, you suggest my total library size is approx 100GB? (Sounds
a lot, albeit 11k photos going back to 2003 - but my image sized were v
small back then!)

Thanks