Hello there, thanks for your interest in improving snapcraft.

El sábado, 15 de octubre de 2016 19h'46:35 ART, Dan Kegel <d...@kegel.com> escribió:
I should think a simple general variable expansion in all string
values would suffice for my use case.

More complex use cases would be better served by generating the .yaml
file as I do now.

True, and the question becomes, when is complex too complex? (rhetorical question, no need to answer).

So, yes, ${release-version}, but set it via  --variable
release-version=foo rather than --release-version=foo,
and support ${joe-bob} and ${billyjoe}, or whatever variables the
author cares to define.

How did you accomplish the same before snapcraft and snaps came to be? This might help as guidance.

I am afraid this will make snapcraft.yaml's available sort of unreadable. We will explore the option next week but this makes me weary as we have to get it right.

Enviado con Dekko desde mi dispositivo Ubuntu

Snapcraft mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: