Pete,
What about the Spam that seems to have been slipping through recently? I have submitted half a dozen or so in the last 24 hours and I am still getting copies. I also loaded the new version of sniffer yesterday but that did not change anything.


Jim Matuska Jr.
Computer Tech II
CCNA
Nez Perce Tribe
Information Systems
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
----- Original Message ----- From: "Pete McNeil" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Landry William" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, September 14, 2004 11:42 PM
Subject: Re: [sniffer] Increase in FPs



On Wednesday, September 15, 2004, 2:06:22 AM, Landry wrote:

LW> I have seen a fairly substantial increase on false positives
LW> today. I have submitted several FPs to the false@ address. Has
LW> there been a big change in the core rulebase today? I wouldn't
LW> think that upgrading to the new code this morning would cause
LW> this, would it?

No, the upgrade should not have this effect.
It appears that a number of secondary services we reference have had
problems recently such as SORBS and SURBL. I've been pushing false
processing to mitigate the problems quickly, we are adjusting our
tuning parameters for candidate generation, and will continue to
monitor conditions closely.

_M




This E-Mail came from the Message Sniffer mailing list. For information and (un)subscription instructions go to http://www.sortmonster.com/MessageSniffer/Help/Help.html




This E-Mail came from the Message Sniffer mailing list. For information and (un)subscription instructions go to http://www.sortmonster.com/MessageSniffer/Help/Help.html

Reply via email to