Thanks Andy and Bill, will give this a go on our beta server.  Thanks
again for the time and expertise

Keith

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Andy Schmidt
Sent: Monday, November 01, 2004 12:11 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [sniffer] Your Sniffer Setup

Hi Landry:

These simplified instructions only apply if the application needs no
parameters, as it only covers the "application" key:

      Value Name: Application
      Data Type : REG_SZ
      String : <path>\<application.ext>

If there was a SnifferPersistent.exe that needed no further options,
these simplified instructions would work

For Sniffer however, you (supposedly) do need to pass along the
authorizaton code and the "persistent" option, which are defined in the
AppParameters value in the registry.

That's how the previous version worked for me.

Immediately upon upgrading to the latest version, Sniffer would no
longer find its directory when executed as a service, so I had to add
the AppDirectory key to set the working directory.

Best Regards
Andy Schmidt

H&M Systems Software, Inc.
600 East Crescent Avenue, Suite 203