Darwin,

Do you have problem with the heat in AZ? The Futaba rxs have problem with temp above 150°F. The rx shuts down. There had been crashes in major events link to rx temperature problems.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=861949

There are talks on the 14mz.com Futaba support forum too.

Brian