The conspiracy theory thing relates to your claim
that the committee was putting on a "dog and pony
show."  The committee members were in on the joke
except Sanders and Paul and the rest of congress and
the fed and the public and Greenspan, who is out of
the loop.  But in on the joke are the "professionals"
at the fed and "insiders" like Mr. Mosler.  Despite
the Federal Reserve Act the fed is not really
"independent" except for the fed rate.  They say they
determine the fed rate through open market operations
but that has nothing to do with it, etc.

***>i find the notion that greenspan runs the treas
quite bizzaro.<***

Who said that Greenspan runs Treasury?  All I said
was that Treasury covers the checks it writes totally
from the combination of taxes and bond sales on a
day-by-day basis.  That seems to be empirical fact
and you've shown nothing to the contrary except mere
assertion.  I say the central bank is the central
bank and Treasury is the Treasury, and the central
bank is the independent agency that has the monopoly
in creating and destroying HPM.

Some might say this statement by you is bizarro:

***>there is no question but that greenspan knows
almost nothing about the operation of the fed.<***

It is true he is a presidential appointee in a weak
position as compared to the special interests
(financial/banking/Wall Street) which dominate the
institution as opposed to the will of the people as
expressed (potentially) by its elected
representatives.

***>you don't seem to understand how the advance-sale
of treasuries occurs. it requires the compliance of
the fed--which of course always does comply as it is
not independent. all the professionals working at the
fed know this.<***

I ask you again to elaborate on this advance-sale
process.