Am Sat, 24 Aug 2013 13:07:25 +0200
schrieb Eric Boudrand <d...@boudrand.net>:

> Hi Peter,

> > > I think I will try with a nanoBSD. A replacement of the mSATA
> > > device seems to me needed.
> > >
> > Good luck. Please share your further experiences with the list. I'm
> > in particular interested in what replacement you choose for your
> > mSATA.
>
> For you information, I replaced the mSATA device with a new one 10
> days ago and it did not crash (yet). I installed a 2.0.3-RELEASE
> (i386) nanoBsd platform.
>
> Regards.
>
> Éric Boudrand

Hi Eric,

the NanoBSD installation will most likely let this mSATA live longer.
Which mSATA model are you using?

My 2.0.3 (i386) NanoBSD installation on CF is up now for 3 month
without any issues. During the heat period in July I had an ambient
temperature of up to 35 °C in my home office making the CPU temperature
of my Soekris Net6501-70 increase to values around 85 °C. But the device
remained stable. Well, have to stop now before driving off-topic.

Regards,
Peter