I just want to say that I do appreciate the information that Alvar
provided, even if some people think its just a rant from a
disappointed user.

It is true that some people are happily using their Soekris device
without any problem, but others like me are disappointed and would
hardly buy another Soekris device, but still hang out here hoping to
see someday a solution to our problems.

In my case, I'm waiting for the USB boot code being ready for my (now
outdated) net5501.
I wish that was the only thing, but there's also the glitch that make
the mini-pci port unusable due to crashes.  Soren attributed the
problem to the OS (Linux) without any serious investigation and
solution.  At that time the net6501 was already in the works, so I
guess that is why no time was spared fixing this.

I have already abandoned all hope for the mini-pci problem, but am
still waiting for that USB boot code to come along.