On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 10:11 AM, Julien Cigar <jul...@perdition.city> wrote:

> I think there is definitively an hardware/BIOS issue with the board, I'm
> confident that the problem doesn't come from the power supply or an
> overheating from the CPU.

Ed, Jay, Grizzard, Freek, Julien,

Thank you for all the information. I bought the board +/- 2,5 years
ago. The Soekris website mentions 3 years of limited warranty so I'll
try to do an RMA. But in the long run, I'll probably buy something
else because I prefer to have a router/firewall that will still work
after a reboot.

I've actually spent a lot of time fiddling with different serial
cables/ports and trying all combinations of serial speed/parity/stop
bits before I figured out that it only started again if I kept it
disconnected for some time. It would be nice if Soekris could document
this somewhere on their wiki...

Kind regards,
Dries