--- In [email protected], "i2phd" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> --- In [email protected], "p62982q" <p62982q@> wrote:
> >
> > Hello List
> > I Installed an Delta-44 sound card a while back and it seems 
> > to work ok ... but when I power the PC down, there is a awful
> > sounding mish-mash of noises produced ... pops ... zips ... 
> > thumps ... very loud ... is this normal??? ... 
> > all sound cards I have used in the
> > past, hardly make any sound when the PC is powered down ... 
> > thanks in advance
> > Jim KI6MZ
> >
> 
> Jim,
>   the same happens on my PC. I have three sound cards (one is the
> Delta 44), each with its pair of speakers connected, and when I power
> off the PC I am greeted with a concert of buzzing and whistling sounds
> that last only a couple of seconds.
> I changed recently mainboard and processor, upgrading to an Athlon 64
> 3.5+ GHz, as they call it, and the phenomenon did start with the new
> board. The old one (an Asus A7N8X-X) didn't have this problem.
> 
> 73  Alberto  I2PHD
>
Thanks for the reply Alberto
The main board I use is an ASUS A8V using an Anthlon 64 3800 ... I
also have an Audigy-2S installed ... It makes no noise when I power
down ... 
Thanks again Alberto 
Jim KI6MZ








 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/soft_radio/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 


Reply via email to