Sorry but I strongly disagree.
Topic is a bit wide and all but software vs software is real deal not just
fan wars.

As one example.. character animation inside Max compared to ANY other
software...
Most of animators I know unless then don;t know anything else but max will
say big NO to character animation in Max. That is the pain! :)

So yes everything else probably is better for character animation then Max.
Then same goes for bunch of other topics.. some things are simply better
made and better workflow then others..