People often take the whole antitrust thing a bit too far.
Antitrust laws, contrary to popular belief, don't prohibit de-facto
monopolies in any way other than those emerging maliciously or
aggressively. They are intended to try and avoid them, of course, but there
is nothing illegal to a monopoly emerging naturally as long as it doesn't
get exploited, once in place, to further itself in an unfair and
uncompetitive manner.
If you have a monopoly on something because you're the only provider of
such thing that's perfectly legal. It's oligopoly through conspiracy (cross
company agreements on price fixing in example) that's severely punished,
and monopoly through conspiracy or aggressive exploitation of an existing
monopolistic or quasi-monopolistic capacity that are prohibited.

AD is also not considered a monopoly since Houdini, Modo, C4D, LW, and
various other hanger-ons are all available, and AD generally doesn't coerce
or litigate much through M&E, almost not at all compared to any other tech
industry.

Lastly, to those saying the acquisition of Softimage should have been
stalled or blocked by antitrust, Soft had been gutted by Avid and put on a
fire sale and handled very dubiously by a couple entirely too career
focused people inside it. AD did absolutely nothing illegal or dodgy buying
it. They would have had had they performed an aggressive take over of sorts
and concurrently done something like slashing prices or offering trade-ins
at a loss against other platforms, effectively making a move to try and
sweep the market of competitors, but they did none of it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not fond of current or past events, but the whole
monopoly and antitrust discussions are honestly best left out of it. There
is so much more that is wrong and could be fixed before people contemplate
class actions and antitrust appeals that are so incredibly unlikely to go
anywhere other than to brush the pocket lining of a handful of lawyers.

--
Our users will know fear and cower before our software! Ship it! Ship it
and let them flee like the dogs they are!