I don't think Max itself can be disposed of that quickly. It's being
obviously pushed further and further into design lands leaving the
entertainment field clear for Maya, but I doubt it'll be dispatched of in
the next year or two, or even three.

I'll be hugely surprised if Mudbox and MoBu will survive the year though.

--
Our users will know fear and cower before our software! Ship it! Ship it
and let them flee like the dogs they are!