HI Eric

These are good questions. I'll do my best to answer them

1)      When do we have to make the decision by.
You essentially have two years. The Transition Plan was created to give you be
until April 30th 2016 to make a decision so there is no rush to do anything
now. As long as you are on Softimage Subscription you will remain eligible and
you will be able to renew that subscription without migrating. The transition
is an opt-in program.

2)      if we find that it is just not working out, will we be able to
perpetually use the version of Soft and Maya frozen at the end of that
subscription?
This is the bit that gets a little bit complicated because exactly what happens
will depend on the choices you make but the answer is essentially yes you will
be able to
There are however a few different of scenarios:

1.      You make the transition and let your subs expire before April 30th 2016.
In this case you will retain the right to use both Softimage 2015 and whatever
version of Maya you were on at the time your contract expires in perpetuity.

2.      You make the transition, remain on Subscription after April 30th 2016,
but choose not to install any future versions of Maya after that date. In this
case you would also be able to keep both your Maya and Softimage versions
frozen in perpetuity if you wish to. It is only on installing software that you
have to accept a new license agreement. Any licenses that you have purchased
are yours in perpetuity and are only replaced on installing new software.

3.      You make the transition, remain on Subscription after April 30th 2016,
and install a new version of Maya after that date. In this case the new license
will replace the transition bundle license and will be Maya only. Previously
that meant losing access to Softimage. With the changes we have just made you
will now be able to access Softimage via Subscription in the same way as you
can access prior versions today.