Yeah Olivier, I think that is how bothj Eric's emTopolizer and my LK Fabric
came about.

If we could set something like you guys are suggesting up it would be
amazing.
There is nothing I'd rather do than build tools for the community all day.

On Sat, Mar 15, 2014 at 2:50 PM, Arman Sernaz <arma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
>>> Softimage and particularly Ice allows you to develop features that are
>>> production ready to the public a much faster rate than you can in any of
>>> other full Dcc applications they own.
>>>
>>> I never understood why there wasn't a huge effort to create new tools
>>> with ice and after it had matured a bit. I was really hoping for an ice
>>> version of face robot, as it was not so linear... the idea of face robot is
>>> great.. but picking session is brilliant, but things can get terribly
>>> linear after that point on with no real way to fix what's under the hood.
>>>  So this really is my challenge--- to the user base and developers. We
>>> set up a kickstarter campaign or something to raise money to help out
>>> develop Maya...
>>>
>>> Show it for what it is, an aging dinosaur that's about to become
>>> fossilized.
>>>
>>> First off is a kick starter the right way to go? How do we get the money
>>> from a single kickstarter into the hands of multiple developers ? Ideally I
>>> would like to see something that benefits all Softimage users to contribute
>>> to the user build... it could be a single workgroup that we all share. I
>>> know that there a lot of plug-ins already that are very useful, but
>>> sometimes getting organized workgroup of all the latest and greatest core
>>> tools is difficult .
>>>
>>> I have 1 million ideas of what needs to be done, but I have no idea what
>>> it's capable with the current SDK . I'm sure everybody else has their list
>>> as well.
>>>
>>> We need BIG shiny features... as well as taking care of anything we can
>>> that will keep Softimage viable for years to come.
>>>
>>> Is it possible that any of the big studios would consider releasing some
>>> of their tools to the Softimage community? I've heard and seen some of
>>> these tools in action , if we could get something going quick enough we
>>> would already have a far more impressive release and what is most likely
>>> coming from Maya. These tools for your competitive advantage, but not as
>>> much Softimage is. My suggestion is wherever it makes sense for us to share
>>> our scripts and plug-ins that have already been developed into the
>>> community for the greater good of Softimage. Softimage is definitely my
>>> competitive advantage, and as a community we can make it even more so.
>>>
>>> To the TDs and developers out there, would it be possible for us to
>>> implement UDIM support? Arnold seems to have no issues with it, but I
>>> really need to be able to see my multi-patched textures in OpenGL. I know
>>> there were no plans to port fabric engine's real-time viewport solution to
>>> Softimage , but I for one would love to see that implemented , and I am
>>> sure its extensible enough to handle multi-UV patch naming conventions. My
>>> dollars are on the table for FE anytime they develop a tool I can use.
>>>
>>> This one goes to Pooby, sir I think it is time for us all to send your
>>> money ... but you need start sharing that muscle technology you're working
>>> on.. I sent you 100 bucks for fuzz .... I will send you a lot more for your