Modo's rigging capabilities are fairly underrated, IMO. It's not yet at the
level of Soft or Maya, but it's pretty capable and I'm hopeful it'll get
better. I'm in the process of porting over to Modo some ICE nodes that I've
used quite a bit as Assemblies (Modo's version of an ICE Compound), and I'm
happy about having them back. Mostly math-related. Modo's schematic environment
will let you do the equivalent to ICE Kinematics, and it's particle system is
node-based too, but there's not way yet to access mesh data, so don't expect to
go as crazy as you can with ICE. Still, I've already delivered a few rigs in
Modo over to clients, and I'm happy about them.

Looks like Modo + Houdini will keep me cozy and warm (and I do need to start
looking into Blender more seriously).

Sergio Muciño.
Sent from my iPad.