Eric your post on their forum a while back about lacking documentation was very helpful for them realizing the effects of poor SDK documentation. Others have reported the same thing, and I think they've realized what they're missing out on (3rd party awesomeness = more Modo seats). I'm optimistic that they'll put some real time into this. I would definitely stay involved as you have time and continue to give them feedback on what you need. They definitely need guidance on what developers want to know and are looking for.

-Tim