ICE Kine - Drive From Particles

http://vimeo.com/19362874

Near the end, Eric shows how to set the initial position to the original while being driven by particles.

If you would consider merging them which may be a bit easier,

Motion Tools

http://vimeo.com/44039628

Main focus in this build was to implement a way of controling polygons and polygon islands with points in a point cloud. Therefore enabling users to use regular ICE nodes and Motion Tools compounds to procedurally animate such elements.

emTools
http://www.mootzoid.com/learning/emTools/documentation

Vertex Islands

Initialize Island Data
Initializes the vertex island data.

Create Particles from Island Centers
Creates one particle for each island center.

Transform Islands
Transforms the vertex islands.

Getters
A bunch of compounds to get diverse island related data.
The compounds are self-explanatory.

Also to foreafter deal with islands,

There is a polygon Island selection filter that you can put on a button (while also setting as a raycast selection mode) ,

And/or as a button, you can put a proportional move preset with a 99999999 range with consider neighborhood ON so you can freely move islands around using "M".

And/or for clusters, another button to set selection mode to polygon, also raycast, with the "cluster" toggle on
(to visually select them without having to go through the explorer)
you can also toggle visibility "Unselected Clusters" (on selected objects) if some islands are clusters and others not.

To essentially treat islands or clusters as objects.
(also useful for whenever wanting to optimally deal with thousands of "objects")

Cheers,