I really like this release. The modeling tool enhancements and the sculpting tools are awesome to have. Sculpting blend shapes for faces is going to be a lot easier and you can stay in Maya for it. They have some work to do as they don't have an erase brush to paint the deltas back to zero, but its getting there. The blend shape editor adjustments are more than welcomed. It's finally more usable and you can just keep creating empty blend shapes to sculpt on. Softimage didn't have this or the sculpting and it's really great to see they are integrating the Mudbox brushes. You can't go super crazy high poly currently, but that's OK. I just want the sculpting tools for the blend shapes and shape fixes.

The modeling team on Maya have been doing amazing work and this release shows it. This is a pretty decent release. The clean up of the UI and menus is also something to appreciate. Get rid of the clutter to make room for new tools and quicker workflows.

My 2 cents,
Eric T.